Sunday, November 25, 2007

 

Bass Pro

I have a blog buddy who lives in the great state of Kansas and is an avid angler. Every time he goes on a road trip he finds some excuse to visit a Bass Pro shop. He always speaks of his visits with such glee I figured that Bass Pro must be some kind of Disneyland for outdoors-folk. I had never been to a Bass Pro shop but my nephew Marc works at the shop just north of Toronto. So on our recent trip north, Lise and I stopped in to check the place out.




It truly is a Disneyland for outdoors-folk. They have an indoor shooting range, fish ponds and steam with real trout, every kind of hunting, fishing, boating or camping gear you could imagine. We didn't have a lot of time to look around but I did get a good shot of Uncle Buck's plane.



Oh yes, and one more shot. Alan,this one's for you my friend:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger MYM said...

I had no idea such a wonderland existed for those folks.

6:43 PM  
Blogger alan said...

There are a couple of girls I'd take fishing anytime they wanted to go!

Thank you for such a treat!

alan

2:42 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

That place looks way BETTER than Disneyland!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Drowsey & Hahn, yep that place is incredible. I left there with the strange desire to wear a cammo bra or something. LOL

Alan, Lise and I love to fish. My best fishing trip was when Lise's brother took us down-rigging for salmon on Georgian Bay. Nothing tastes better than salmon you catch yourself.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home