Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Alex Martin Undresses Today

Today, Seattle resident Alex Martin, takes off her little brown dress.

She has worn this dress for the past 356 days as a one-woman show against fashion. This year-long performance project is her attempt to address consumerism. I think it's pretty cool.

I heard an interview she gave and she said she's thinking her next project will be to make clothes entirely from recycled materials. I remember reading somewhere that old fabric (thrown-away clothes) represents tons of waste in local landfills. She's already made a pair of knickers from an old t-shirt so I can't wait to see what she creates next. Might just have to dust off my sewing machine and get creative too.

Have fun reading her journal and other people's comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home