Saturday, August 18, 2007

 

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Feeling rather nostalgic these days. It's a beautiful Saturday morning here and I'm sitting on the patio enjoying the sound of the doves and drinking my coffee. This is a weekend morning ritual for me but many years ago my Saturday morning ritual was a bowl of Sugar Pops and cartoons.

We only got three or four TV stations then and we couldn't afford a color TV until 1969 but as soon as our chores were done, we'd plop ourselves in front of the box until noon. We'd skedaddle out of the house as soon as the cartoons were done because we knew that if we stuck around, mom would find more chores for us to do. So if the weather was nice, for the rest of the day we ran like terrors throughout the neighbourhood with my brother's Daisy air rifle. If it rained we'd spend the day in the garage playing school or Mass. Yeah, we took turns being the priest and used soda crackers for the host.

Anyway, here's a few cartoons I watched as a child:

Magilla Gorilla


Roger Ramjet


Yogi Bear

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger puhpaul said...

I can't say I remember Roger Ramjet, but I loved Yogi Bear and Magilla Gorilla, and don't forget Huckleberry Hound. I think my favourite was always Rocky and Bullwinkle.

paul

12:09 PM  
Blogger ColorStruck said...

I remember Yogi Bear. I used to love it as a child myself. That and Fat Albert!

5:19 PM  
Blogger JLee said...

I used to watch Yogi too! lol
I love the picture of the feet in the water you have on your blog. Looks so inviting!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

jlee, I call that picture "going to the spa". I put my lawn chair into the water and let the waves splash over my feet. The wave action causes the sand to massage and exfoliate my feet - just like going to the spa! Except I can't sip margaritas at the spa. LOL

8:30 PM  
Blogger alan said...

I remember all of those, and Beany and Cecil...

Of late, I've been watching the first "series" I ever remember watching; "Casey Jones" with Alan Hale (before he set out on that 3 hour tour).

alan

4:35 AM  
Blogger Michael K. Willis said...

Wow. Yogi..Magilla...even Roger Ramjet...these brought a flood of happy Saturday morning memories back. Thanks :-)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home